Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Volunteer Opportunity: Sisters of the Road

As I scout around, looking for women who have interest in the WHVRP program, I occassionally find other opportunities.  The following paragraph is from a gal I met in the community.  She is high energy and easy to talk with.  If you have an interest, I would encourage you to pick up a copy of the volunteer application (my desk area) and apply.

Her text to me:
Thanks for your interest in Sisters! Due to the Cafe closure over much of August, our next orientation will be held Monday, September 10th from 6-8 pm in the Cafe. If you are interested in attending, please let me know at your earliest convenience. For more details on volunteer opportunities, please check our website http://sistersoftheroad.org/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities/  

 We are starting some new partnerships and campaigns this summer specifically around Food Justice and the Homeless Bill of Rights so its a really exciting time to get involved. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future!
--
In Solidarity,
Lindsay Day
Volunteer/Outreach Co-Manager
Sisters Of The Road
volunteer@sistersoftheroad.org
503-222-5694 x43
I have already replied.  I am required to be a volunteer to be able to hang out and invite veterans to look at our programs and services.
YOU can have a different reason ... getting community work on your resume being one of them.  Not all positions are in the cafe or require food service.
No pressure, just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment